May 13, 2011

Tips for all day curls.



Here are some tips to make curls last all day.

  • Wash hair with a curl enhancing shampoo and conditioner.
  • Apply a volumizing styling mousse to damp hair and work through your hair with a comb or fingertips. 
  • Blow dry hair completely.
  • Section hair so that you can work with the back bottom layers of your hair first.
  • Using a curling iron (or curlers), curl small sections of hair at a time.
  • After each curl(while hot), section and roll it back into a curl using your fingers and pin it to your scalp with bobby pin. Section hair depending on how big you want your curl.
  • Spray hair with a flexible hold hairspray and let dry.
  • Remove bobby pins and gently shape and comb out curls with your fingertips. 
  • Lastly, softly mist flexible hold hairspray all over curls.
Extra Tips:
  • Don't wash every day. Hair with a little natural oil  holds a style better than freshly washed hair. 
  • Use a light conditioner. Heavy conditioners leave a residue on your hair, weighing it down your curl. 
  • Apply a volumizer ( If your hair has a hard time holding a style)
  • Apply a small bit of leave-in conditioner or hair cream on damaged ends.
  • Blow dry upside down. This adds volume to your curls.
  • You get what you pay for. Using higher end tools will give you the best results. 
  • Spray underneath the curl, too.  The more hold you have, the longer it will last through the day.
  • Re-mist during the day. I keep a travel sized bottle in my bag. 
Here are some products that I loved and worked great for me if you would like to try them out.
  • John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme.
  • Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Curl Creme.
  • Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel (LOVE this stuff)
  • Aussie Sprunch Hair Spray Flexible Hold (gives no buildup) 
  • TreSemme Flawless Curls Extra Hold Mousse (Amazing)
  • Bumble and bumble Curl Conscious Conditioner (love it)
  • Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost.

Hope this helps! XX

24 comments:

In Palace said...

very pretty hair :)

In Palace ♥

Carrie said...

lovely! i usually just curl my hair and it lasts all day. Even though i don't apply any hair products.

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

JelenaDoll ~ said...

your gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the post :)
x

The Girlie Blog said...

Good tips. I like styling hair when it's dirty too.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Jacenda ♥ said...

Thank you ladies!
Carrie- Hey girl! :) Yeah, for the most part I do too, but a lot of women have different hair types and have a hard time holding curls without product or the right styling. XX

Dinorah ♥ said...

Great tips! Your hair looks so pretty. My hair can never hold a curl for long, I'll have to try some of these! Is there any specific conditioner you recommend that's considered light? I've noticed that my Suave conditioner really does leave my hair feeling heavy & kind of weighs it down.

Jacenda ♥ said...

Thank you beauties! :)

Dinorah- Thank you, gorgeous! Here are some great products.



John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme

Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Curl Creme

Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel(LOVE this stuff)

Aussie Sprunch Hair Spray Flexible Hold (gives no buildup)

TreSemme Flawless Curls Extra Hold Mousse (Amazing)

Bumble and bumble Curl Conscious Conditioner (love it)

Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

G A B Y said...

Thanks for these tips hun! x

Maryam Maquillage said...

Great tips! thanks for sharing :))) oxox

Meme said...

great tips! you have such beautiful eyes!

In∫omnıa said...

so beauty

Ally said...

Thanks for the tips, I will have to try them. My hair doesn't hold curls too well.

Kristina said...

Great post! By the way, I emailed and said I got your package. I love everything!

Janalyn said...

Awesome tips!! I love the Aussie Sprunch! Its so flexible but it holds well =)

Pink Glam said...

love the curls! i wish mine would stay when I curl my hair.

kENDRA wILLSON said...

gorgeous!

Chique and Glam said...

Hi Doll,

I awarded you with the Adorable bloggers award

http://chiqueandglam101.blogspot.com/2011/05/adorable-blogger.html

makeup by danisaddiction said...

Thanks for the tips! You're hair looks so gorgeous. You should try moroccan oil's curl control cream....it works super good too!

OhMyJemimah said...

thsnks for the tips! i need to do all those, my curls always relax by the end of the day

BTW i gave you the Kreativ Blogger Award :)
-http://ohmyjemimahxd.blogspot.com/2011/05/1st-blog-award.html

Beauty Addict said...

Thank you for this tip!! I always fail with curls... my only problem is It's really hard for me not to wash my hair everyday...

Ocean Dreams said...

I've always wanted to trying curling my hair this way and your hair looks SO gorgeous! Thanks for all of the product tips, xoxo.

Natalie said...

The trick for me is using the 1 inch' Hot & Gold and afterwards I spray w/ Vante. Last at least three days!

dramaqueen93 said...

amazing tips! <33

simona said...

you are so beautiful...