Here are some tips to make curls last all day.
- Wash hair with a curl enhancing shampoo and conditioner.
- Apply a volumizing styling mousse to damp hair and work through your hair with a comb or fingertips.
- Blow dry hair completely.
- Section hair so that you can work with the back bottom layers of your hair first.
- Using a curling iron (or curlers), curl small sections of hair at a time.
- After each curl(while hot), section and roll it back into a curl using your fingers and pin it to your scalp with bobby pin. Section hair depending on how big you want your curl.
- Spray hair with a flexible hold hairspray and let dry.
- Remove bobby pins and gently shape and comb out curls with your fingertips.
- Lastly, softly mist flexible hold hairspray all over curls.
- Don't wash every day. Hair with a little natural oil holds a style better than freshly washed hair.
- Use a light conditioner. Heavy conditioners leave a residue on your hair, weighing it down your curl.
- Apply a volumizer ( If your hair has a hard time holding a style)
- Apply a small bit of leave-in conditioner or hair cream on damaged ends.
- Blow dry upside down. This adds volume to your curls.
- You get what you pay for. Using higher end tools will give you the best results.
- Spray underneath the curl, too. The more hold you have, the longer it will last through the day.
- Re-mist during the day. I keep a travel sized bottle in my bag.
Here are some products that I loved and worked great for me if you would like to try them out.
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme.
- Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Curl Creme.
- Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel (LOVE this stuff)
- Aussie Sprunch Hair Spray Flexible Hold (gives no buildup)
- TreSemme Flawless Curls Extra Hold Mousse (Amazing)
- Bumble and bumble Curl Conscious Conditioner (love it)
- Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost.
Hope this helps! XX