June 8, 2011

Health & Fitness: An Easy Summer Dessert



I have been asking for healthy recipes that I use. Here is a super easy summer dessert with only 1 ingredient, BANANA! This is how you can make banana ice cream using only bananas. I LOVE this!


  1. Take a few over ripe bananas and peel them.
  2. Cut them into chunks that will blend well in your blender.
  3. Put them on a plate and freeze them for 1 to 2 hours.
  4. Put the pieces in your blender and pulse a few times. Keep going and scraping down the sides until creamy (adding a splash of milk is optional.) 
And that is it!! You can add chopped nuts or whatever else. If by the time you have blended it and it is to soft, just put it in a container and freeze it again and use an ice cream scoop.

Banana's are good for you because they are chock full of Potassium. Potassium plays an important role decreasing the risk of high blood pressure and stroke, it increases strength and helps reduce stress.






What are some of your favorite healthy snacks?


10 comments:

Lacy Bunny said...

I love this! I make it all the time :) It's great with a little PB2 in it also!

Lacy
MakeupbyLacy.com

Aswathy said...

yummies...m goin to try dis now...

JC! :) said...

Oh wow, I never thought of doing this, but what a great idea. :)

Chique and Glam said...

Going to try this. I'm addicted to ice cream.

Great post as always

xoxo
Stephanie

Marie said...

This sounds like a good snack, thanks for this yummy and healthy recipe!:D

Happy Wednesday!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

나니 said...

*__________*" nomnomnomnom!

Alpha Blonde said...

Definitely going to try this, sounds delicious! xo

Inna xoxo said...

I am SOOO trying this! Thanks so much for posting it! I desperatly need to witch to a healthier dessert!
xoxo Inna :)

Lovelyladyjb said...

Hey, Im a new follower! I am definitely going to try this! I like snacking on grapes! Those are delicious. I usually pair that with 100 calorie pack of cheese because I love cheese and am no way ever going to stop eating it, so i've got to portion it! :) im catching on!!

-lovelyladyjb

Kim's Vanity said...

Thanks for answering my questions !!!