February 25, 2012

PMD/Personal Microderm Review

PMD/Personal Microderm 

About the PMD-
Microdermabrasion is a noninvasive form of exfoliation and mild skin resurfacing that removes the dead skin cells from the Stratum Corneum, the outer most lay of the skin. The Stratum Corneum is the layer of the skin affected by fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes, acne, and scaring. The concentrated microdermabrasion treatment exfoliates this skin layer to break apart these common imperfections. This then triggers the body’s healing mechanisms, causing the removed dead skin cells to be rapidly replaced with healthy, new ones.


The Benefits-

Microdermabrasion provides several important benefits for the skin. The treatment smoothes away dull and rough skin texture, and it softens fine lines, wrinkles, burn scars, and acne scars. The treatment also improves the skin’s tone by fading uneven pigmentation, sun damage, age spots, and skin blemishes. In addition, microdermabrasion, which combines the power of a vacuum suction with exfoliation, reduces the formation of acne. The vacuum achieves this by clearing out clogged pores and releasing trapped dirt and oil. This leaves skin more clear, vibrant, and beautiful.

The benefits of microdermabrasion cause skin to become rejuvenated, while promoting new collagen growth and cell renewal. Also, since the dead skin cells on the Stratum Corneum act as a barrier for the skin, once they are removed through microdermabrasion, skin care products will be more fully absorbed into the skin, maximizing their effectiveness. All these microdermabrasion benefits combine to uncover youthful and radiant skin.









Face Disc


Body Disc



I exfoliate on a regular basis (1 to 2 times a week) so I was really anxious to try the PMD.
After watching the video that comes along with the PMD, I was a little nervous to try it because I have sensitive skin, and they express more then a few times that it might be harsh on your skin and leave marks. 
After trying it for the first time, I felt silly, it wasn't scary at all *lol*  Just make sure to read the directions and watch the video before you jump right into using it, as everyone has different skin types. Also, make sure to have a good face lotion, as you will need this after you use the PMD. 


The PMD comes with-
  • 6 discs, 4 blue discs (2 for the face and 2 for the body) along with 2 green discs (one for the face and one for the body) The green discs are a more aggressive treatment and should be used after you have used the blue discs for a while.
  • 2 caps - One to work with the face discs and one to work with the body discs.
  • Wall charger.
  • Instructions book and instructional video.
How to use and treatment-
  • Wash face, remove oil, makeup, and dirt. 
  • Dry your face really well.
  • Place your preferred disc (body or face) onto the motor shaft and screw on the cap that goes along with the disc. Make sure to screw on tightly! There must be a tight seal in order to create sufficient suction. 
  • Use you fingers to stretch your skin so that it is tight where the tip makes contact with skin (see image below). Keep the unit moving constantly over your skin. DO NOT hover in one spot. 
  • Use light pressure with early treatments. As you become more skilled with the PMD you can be more aggressive. 
  • The skin around the eyes is very sensitive and the PMD is to harsh for it, so make sure to stay above the eyebrows and below the cheek bones.
  • After you are done with treatment, make sure to use a good face lotion.
  • Skin will be sensitive for a few days after your treatment, so be sure to use sun screen while outside.






  
If you exfoliate around once a week, the PMD might be a great investment for you.
At $179.00 it may seem pricey, but considering the amount of money you spend on exfoliates or office trips too have it done, it is a good investment. 

Personally, the PMD has been great! I use it now instead of exfoliates.  After I use it, it makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. It also does a really great job of minimizing the appearance of any red marks, acne scars, and sun spots. It really makes my skin glow!


If you are interested in this product and would like to know more about it or how to purchase click here.

Have any of you ever paid for a Microdermabrasion treatment?


19 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

No I have not. But I'd love to try. My skin needs serious help.
Seattle Beauty and Fashion Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle

DIY...Beauty Tips said...

i haven't!!!but i would love to try one

socialitedreams said...

i want one super bad! i hear that it can help with dark spots...well, i actually SAW it help on a blogger and I need one too

Steffi said...

I've never tried any microdermabrasion because they are always pricey but I'd try this maybe

Gauri said...

I checked your blog & I liked it!
Following you now!! Visit mine & follow back if you want!!

Have a great Monday!!

http://glossandmagic.blogspot.com/

Chantelle said...

Thanks so much for this post! I've been looking into this product and also the clarisonic. I'm trying to read up on all I can on both products before I decide which one to buy. At the moment I'm leaning towards the PMD, but worried about having to repurchase the little discs on their own, when the old ones are used up. With the clarisonic I don't think I need to replace anything.
Oh the decisions ! lol

Lindsie Lee ♥ said...

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I have never paid for a microdermabrasion treatment but being in the salon & spa distribution business I have tried alot of various treatments that are similar but not as effective. One of the licensed professionals prepared a "peel" on me and was supposed to have been equivalent to such microdermabrasion treatments - I can't say I was pleased as I did not notice any changes to my skins texture or the look (I had some hyper-pigmentation marks that are now gone but was the reason behind wanting the treatment done). I have tried other handheld exfoliants but have yet to pay around $180. The company I work for sells professional grade handheld machines so I may invest in one after maybe a quick training.

Something Small said...

do you have to repruchase the disc after many uses or they can be used forever???? please let me know.....

Jacenda ♥ said...

@something small - Yes, every few months you have to buy a pack of new disks. Each disk will last 3 weeks and the pack comes with a few of each kind of discs in it, so every few months you would need new disks. They are pretty cheap though.

@rarerosebomb said...

oh neat! i want try this out.

http://thathaitiangirl.com

Jill said...

i really wanted to get this for my mom, she always talks about microdermabrasion stuff, i definately will buy this for her once i get a job haha! thanks for the really detailed review!
now a follower of your lovely blog!
i hope you check out my blog and follow if you like ^_^
i'd really appreciate it!
xx see you there!
~Jill

http://aquaknockout.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

great review girl. im loving ur blog and now following!!

KatXoXo said...

where did you get your vanity/ mirror?? I love it!!

Brandy said...

I just awarded you with a blog award: http://makeupbybrandy.blogspot.com/2012/03/blogger-appreciation-award.html

Jacenda ♥ said...

@katxoxo- Thank you! <3 I got it from Vanity Girl Hollywood! xoxo

Barbara Tamez ♥ xo said...

looks great! xoxox

http://xobarbietamez.blogspot.mx/

Liesl said...

I have the PMD and have used it once a week for a few months now, and LOVE it! Though I'm lucky to have pretty good skin, I've seen a difference and it had kept it clearer, I'm a fan! :)

Khairul Islam said...

Hi There, I just spent a little time reading through your posts, which I found entirely by mistake whilst researching one of my projects. Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this. Will be waiting for more!
Laser Northern Virginia

Alica John said...

Pretty cool post. It’s really very nice and useful post.Thanks for sharing this with us!it’s my first visit.
microdermabrasion
microdermabrasion facial
microdermabrasion acne scars
diamond microdermabrasion
facial microdermabrasion
best microdermabrasion
microdermabrasion acne
microdermabrasion for acne
microdermabrasion for acne scars
microdermabrasion facials
diamond peel microdermabrasion
microdermabrasion peel
microdermabrasion for stretch marks
microdermabrasion face treatment
microdermabrasion for face
professional microdermabrasion
acne microdermabrasion
microdermabrasion peeling
microdermabrasion for wrinkles