September 24, 2013

Lifestyle | Home


I thought I would change it up a bit and I wanted to do a few posts to follow this post with progress photos and updates (Vanity room / Office, Fall mantel decor, Kitchen etc) . I just didn't want to overload and put all the images in one post. I love reading posts on home progress and decorating, so thought I would give it a go.

My husband and I moved to the country a few months ago (being that we are still newlyweds, this is our first house together) . We were so excited! We waited, were patient and we finally bought our first home. 

We looked at SO many houses, but we didn't want a brand new (modern) home , we wanted a house with character, so it took time. We also wanted a house that had a lot of space to entertain with our friends, but still had that warm and cozy feel.

We were sold by the beautiful view off the back deck, overlooking the back yard. There are tall trees, apple trees, blackberry bushes, and a lot of wildlife (deer, raccoon, turkey, lots of birds singing). It was also so quiet and peaceful.

This is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, full basement with laundry room,  family room, breakfast nook,  dinning room , living room, garage, wood working shop, large vegetable garden, on 2 acres of land.



The leaves have started to change for Fall.


The balcony/stairs lead to the master bedroom.


We have started clearing away the brush in the back of the house.









Me in the middle of decorating the mantel for Fall. :)







In between work and other things, we have been doing some projects around the house. I have been so anxious to take on decorating and making it our own ( Pottery Barn, home decorating blogs and Pinterest have been my best friends lately).  There is still so much to be done and I feel a little overwhelmed sometimes trying to balance it with work and other things, but we are really excited.  





Thank you for viewing!


16 comments:

Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle said...

I LOVE your new house. It's beautiful. Looks like country living suits you.
Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@CasualChicStyle- Thank you so much! :) Yes, I have really grown to love it in the country. I really love the peace and quiet.

Mrs.Makeup said...

So beautiful, I live in the country myself! Your house reminds me of going into the Smoky Mountains and renting a beautiful cabin/chalet :)

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Mrs.Makeup- Thank you! :) I have lived in the city and on the beach and even though I loved living on the beach, you just can't beat living in the country! I know you probably feel the same with where you live?!

Erawiel said...

It's... it's... beautiful! Oh goodness. That dark wooden coloured outside wall is what my dreams are made of! Can I just move on your back deck for the view? I won't disturb I swear. : D
How lovely, really. When I put some money aside I want a place just like that. Where I live it should be easy enough. ^^
You lucky girl... :)

Rui Jun Luong said...

Cute pics!

http://fuckhighclass.blogspot.nl/

Amalia J said...

So beautiful! I also love your new hairdo :)

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Erawiel- Awwe lol Thanks so much! That was really sweet! :) I feel like we waited forever! lol Xx

@RuiJunLuong- Thank you love! Xx

@AmaliaJ- Thank you Amalia!! I'm still getting used to it. Xx

Stephanie B said...

Love the house! We also have deers in our backyard :)

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Stephanie- DO you?! They are pretty, but I hear from the neighbors they are suppose to invade this winter! LOL Xx

Sylwia P. said...

the location is amazing! So calming and beautiful! Can't wait for more updates, the house looks great!

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Sylwia- Thank you!! Xx It is starting to come along! Yes, I am enjoying the peace and quiet! I honestly didn't think anyone would care to read this kind of post on here, but I will be doing more posts like this. <3

Pink Glam said...

Your home is beautiful :) The view looks amazing, and having wild life their is even better. Cant wait to see what you come up with for fall and christmas.

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@PinkGlam- Thank you Jill! :) I can't wait to decorate for the holiday! Can't wait to see your holiday decor either!Xx

Lacy said...

You home is ridiculously beautiful! I'll be over for dinner later :)

Lacy
MakeupbyLacy.com

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Lacy- Awwe thank you Lacy!! You are welcome any time girl! ;) Hope you are loving Vegas! Xx