December 17, 2013

My Beauty Space + Makeup Storage


During the end of summer, Phillip and I moved into our new house, I painted my office and that was about it. We both got pretty busy with work and I really didn't have much time to get my office / "Beauty Space" totally unpacked. Not only that, I had boxes of makeup, clothes, shoes etc. to go through and get rid of. 
I FINALLY am totally unpacked and cleaned out, but still have a lot of decorating and organizing to do. 

Ever since I started this blog (almost 5 years ago) everyone keeps requesting that I do a tour of my beauty space. I love seeing these types of blog posts or videos, but I really do not have a beauty space anything near what some of you girls have set up. I decided to just put up some quick photos of what I have now and as I do things here and there, I will blog about it. I might do a more detailed post about my makeup collection later.

Below each photo I will put where I got certain things if anyone is interested. 

Anyhow...


I always get asked about my vanity mirror and where I got it. It is a Vanity Girl Hollywood.  I have had it for about 2 years now, maybe longer. I LOVE it! There are a few different VGH mirrors to choose from, but this one was around $400 when I got it. Most girls have purchase the white one, but I really love the black one. I just think it is so old Hollywood and classic... makes me feel a little glamorous when I do my makeup. :)

  I use this space as my office also. It really is first an office, but I just added all of my beauty stuff in here. I am a graphic / web designer, so I spend a lot of time at my desk.  It was originally see through glass, but I painted the under side white. I really like how it turned out. I like that it has a lot of space for everything. Like I said, it is glass, so it cleans off really easy when I get any makeup on it etc. I purchased this desk from Office Depot and it was only $100.


Another thing I get asked about a lot is where I got my makeup drawers. They are from Muji. They are actually 2 cases stacked on top of each other.  I purchased the 5 drawer case for the bottom and on top I purchased the 2 larger drawer case to fit my larger beauty items. I just love that I can put my every-day, most used items in them and it doesn't take up a lot of space. I have had these now for a little over a year , I just love them. They are really good quality for the price. They are around $20 each, maybe a little bit more.


  Yet another item I get asked about. I purchased this roll cart from office depot maybe 3 years ago. I just wanted something to keep all of my other makeup, hair heat tools, pallets, makeup remover wipes etc. It works great and has lasted for a while now. I pack these pretty full with makeup and they still have held up.

The nail polish rack is from amazon. I am going to purchase a similar, but larger wall hanging polish rack from there also. I have a lot of nail polish just sitting in a box that I would like to put up.

This is what is left after cleaning out all of my perfumes, lotions, and body sprays. 
I love Bath & Body Works / Victoria's Secret lotions and perfumes. Phillip knows I love dogs and gets the Victoria's Secret collector dogs for me. It is pretty adorable. :)

I purchased this cute little black and white bench at a local antique place.  


My sorry looking clothes rack for now..slowly but surely I am moving stuff over.
For now, it is full of randomness. 

I had been looking for a vintage looking form with a black stand for a while. We found this one at pier 1.
Also, my absolute favorite picture of Marilyn.


I would really love to find more wall art for above my vanity and also a cute chair for my desk.
Maybe some cute things for my shelves. It will come together eventually...


I hope you enjoyed reading!
Thank you for viewing!
Xx




10 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Love your organization!! The MUJI drawers are amazing and I have four of them so far and need to get the two drawer one to fit my Sugarpill Chromalust Loose Eyeshadows soon.

missvaleriaheart said...

:O so beautiful!! i want it ♥

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Jacquelyn- Thank you Doll! :) Totally agree, I love the muji drawers too. I see so many girls buying those expensive ones and these are just as great!
Have a wonderful holiday doll! Xx

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Missvaleriaheart- Lol hey love!! :) Have a wonderful holiday! Xx

Pink Glam said...

I love how you have everything set up. Super pretty and organized.

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@PinkGlam- Thank you girlie! :) I still have a lot I want to do. Xx

Kristie Style Spot said...

Nicely done and very clean and organized! Love love your whole house.

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Kristie- Thank so much! :) We are finally getting settled in. I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Xx

Raffles Bizarre said...

Such an amazing space!! I always wish I could have a proper beauty set up but being a makeup artist it's pointless cause I always need it in my kit ready to go.

Raffles Bizarre Blog

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Raffles Bizarre-Thank you! :) I could imagine, being a makeup artist it would get annoying to set everything up and then have to just pack it back up.