March 20, 2014

HEALTH | THE BENEFITS OF DRINKING LEMON WATER


There are SO many ways to benefit from lemons. From face masks and scrubs, to cleaning your home, but you can also benefit a great deal by drinking it. I have been drinking lemon water on a daily basis for a long while now- mostly for personal health reasons. Today on the blog I thought I would share some great benefits of drinking lemon water and some tips that I use every day.

The benefits of drinking lemon water-

  • Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial .
  • Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins.
  • It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid.
  • Lemon is a great source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies.
  • It balances maintain the pH levels in the body .
  • It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile .
  • It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium .
  • It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases.
  • Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session.
  • It helps cure the common cold .
  • It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute .
  • It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief.
  • It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne .
  • The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells .
  • It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems .
  • Aids in the production of digestive juices .


I like to get a few large mason jars (with lids) - cut up a few lemons, drop about 4 slices into each one, add some mint leaf and fill them up with water. I place them in the fridge for a few hours to let the lemon juice mix with the water.



Sometimes I add strawberries to my lemon water, but you can add blueberries, orange slices, cucumber.
Not only is it great for you, but it is also really yummy and refreshing, especially in the summer time.



Thank you for viewing! 




4 comments:

Natalie Ann said...

Awesome post! I've been really into the benefits of lemon water & teas lately! Do you drink this is the mornings instead of coffee? Lemon water is really good natural diuretic!

Pink Glam said...

That looks so good. Perfect for the upcoming spring and summer!! :)

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Natalie- Yes ma'am! :) I drink a cup of hot lemon water about 30 minutes before breakfast to flush out toxins and then with breakfast I drink my first cup of green tea. Having a cup of coffee is pretty rare for me anymore. I used to be a coffee nut! Lol

Irene said...

I've been hearing a lot about the benefits of adding lemon to one's drinking water. It's something I've wanted to start doing. There's no real reason I haven't started other than pure procrastination. LOL. I love the idea of adding different fruit, especially strawberries to add a bit of sweetness.