March 18, 2015

BEAUTY | MAKE UP FOR EVER MAT VELVET + FOUNDATION




On the blog today I am sharing my thoughts on Make Up For Ever- Mat Velvet +  Matifying Foundation. I have been wearing this foundation for almost 2 years now. This is one of my favorite foundations to wear in the spring and summer, and I will explain why in this post. 



In my opinion, Make Up For Ever did a fabulous job with the amount of shades to select from with this foundation. There are 16 shades, and these shade numbers can be found at the bottom of each bottle. I wear #40 "Natural Beige" in the spring, and a darker #50 "Sand" during the summer. For a full list and view of each of these shades Click here.



This foundation comes in a plastic bottle with a squeeze nozzle top. The cap screws on and off easily.  The packaging really is ideal for travel. I just wish it was a little larger.







 Product Description:
" A shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation. Hides imperfections, evens out skintone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish. The result is flawless and lasts for hours. Although this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs—a little goes a long way. "

My thoughts:
I would have to agree with the description from Make Up For Ever. I have sensitive skin, and in the spring and summer my skin can also be a little on the oily side . For this reason, I really love wearing this foundation during the warmer months. I have never had a problem with it irritating my skin or dealing with any breakouts. It really does control the oil very well. It also works very well with the heat and staying in place when you sweat. With that being said, I do not feel this foundation is best if you have really dry skin or for use in the winter months. 

I love the more dewy look I get when I apply with my beauty blender, but I normally apply this foundation with my Sigma- F80 Flat Kabuki brush. A little does go a long way and it dries pretty fast, so you have to work pretty quickly once you apply it to your skin. It never feels cakey or heavy, but you do get full coverage. However, I always have to touch up after about 4 / 5 hours after I apply it. Any shine is eliminated and you do end up with a mat finish as promised. I love how natural and flawless it looks after I am done. It photographs nicely too. 

You can purchase this foundation at Sephora & the Make Up For Ever website. 


5 comments:

Caroline linella said...

I have read so many rave reviews on this foundation. I have oily skin and am always beaking out. I must try it!

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Caroline- Hope you love it as much as I do! Xx

Gretchen Ray said...

This foundation is everything!

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Gretchen- It really is one of the best! Xx

Bren Murphy said...

Love your pictures and the magical way you have shared all about your story - you're an inspiration and I am following your journey - awesome work!