November 2, 2015

BEAUTY | HONEST BEAUTY GEL CLEANSER



After I received a $20 coupon towards their new Honest Beauty line, I decided to give it a try. I used the coupon for their full sized gel cleanser, but I also got the sample box. The sample box comes with the gel cleanser, lotion and daily SPF 30 (you just pay the $5 shipping fee). Since I got the full sized cleanser, I gave the sample size to my mother.




GUARANTEE: NOT tested on animals and no animal by-products. Made without: SLS, SLES, sulfates, parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde carriers, PEGs, MCI/MI, steareth-n, synthetic fragrances, or dyes.

INGREDIENS: Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Saponaria Officinalis Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Abies Sibirica (Fir Needle) Oil, Cymbopogon Martini (Palma Rosa) Oil, Pelargonium Graevolens (Geranium) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Lauryl Glucoside, Gluconolactone, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate




DESCRIPTION: Refreshingly Clean Gel Cleanser contains chamomile and calendula help to calm and soothe. Yucca root extract and saponaria provide a fresh and foamy experience to remove dirt and makeup without any harsh ingredients that can strip or over-dry skin. Now that’s refreshing. 



DIRECTIONS: 
Dispense 1-2 pumps of cleansing gel. 
With water, rub hands together to create a gentle foam. 
Massage onto wet face. 
Rinse and pat dry. 
Avoid contact with eyes. 

REVIEW:
I have been using the gel cleanser for a month now. To start with, I have "Balanced", but sensitive skin. I am really careful about what I put on my skin. I normally have an issue with a cleanser right off the bat until my skin gets used to it. With this cleanser, it didn't irritate my skin at all. It is very light and calming on my skin. It didn't dry out my skin or leave my skin feeling oily. The smell is pretty light and not overpowering. This cleanser does a good job of removing my makeup. It doesn't totally remove my mascara, but my mascara doesn't remove easily to begin with. I was looking for a light cleanser and I am really happy I found this one. It has been doing very well for me.




I love the clean packaging of the bottles, and the bag that comes with these samples is really cute! 




This daily beauty fluid (SPF 30 sunscreen) has a thicker consistency compared to the moisturizer, and takes a few seconds to absorb, but it isn't greasy. I like the light scent . 



This moisturizer is a lightweight formula and absorbs quickly. It has a natural, light scent.  It left my skin feeling moisturized, but not oily or greasy. I really like this one. I have the Honest lotion with one of my sons bundles and I love that one also. 


Click here to view the Honest Beauty website.


6 comments:

Eleni Peet said...

Lovely post! Bravo to, Jessica Alba for producing some truly great cruelty free products. I do not understand why so many companies still test on animals. Enjoy your week, Jacenda!

Celia DeLanzo said...

I am excited to try honest beauty! I want to try the makeup and this face wash. I heard the makeup is good. Thanks for the review! Xo

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Eleni- Thank you! I totally agree! Have a great week also! :)

@Celia- I have yet to try the cosmetics portion of this line. I am also looking forward to trying them out. I would love to do a review here on the blog.

M&M FASHION BITES said...

Look nice :)
BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
Maria V.

Erin Beck said...

I was thinking of trying the sample bag, and now I am going to. :)

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@M7M Fashion Bites- Thanks so much for reading! Xx

@Erin- It is only $5 shipping. I hope you enjoy it also! :)