September 23, 2016

BEAUTY | MAKE UP FOR EVER ULTRA HD FOUNDATION REVIEW


The original Make Up Forever HD foundation was one of my favorite foundations for the longest time. It was amazing coverage and looked great in pictures, on camera, and off. So, I was anxious to try out the new "Ultra HD" foundation. I was very curious to see how MUFE could make an even better version. 

Make Up For Ever describes this foundation as an ultra-lightweight texture that provides ultra flawless skin. Like the original, it was developed specifically for the film and TV industry's most advanced technology, Ultra HD Liquid Foundation creates a naturally flawless complexion—in and out of the spotlight. Invisible under the latest, super-focused 4k lens, this revolutionary foundation features uniquely-coated pigments that provide medium to buildable coverage with an even lighter weight, second-skin texture that looks just like skin. This formula leaves your complexion with the same flawless results that you’d achieve with a flat foundation brush in a tap and stretch motion. It contains hyaluronic spheres to ensure comfortable wear on all normal, dry and combination skin types, and it lasts all day, leaving a natural-looking finish. Now available in an expanded range of 40 shades to match all skintones, Ultra HD is the perfect everyday foundation for a flawless complexion—and it doesn’t require touch ups.  

I applied this foundation (after shaking) with a flat top kabuki foundation brush (Sigma f80 brush) right after I applied my primer. Right off, I noticed it is a lot more light weight than the original. It was very easy to blend out. I found it to be very buildable. I did have totouch-up after 5-6 hours. However, like I mentioned, it is buildable. My skin type is on the "normal" side, but I did notice after 5-6 hours it started to look oily on my forehead and nose. I do like the way this foundation looks, but I would recommend it for a dinner date or an evening out etc. and not for all day wear unless you touch-up.


The packaging is almost the same as the original. I love foundations with a pump. I did notice that the cap is a little harder to pull off and snap back on compared to the original. Other than that, it is pretty much the same packaging. 

This foundation is $43 at Sephora.


I have never tried a foundation stick, but Make Up Forever recommends this for touch-ups and contouring. However, I have seen this being used a lot all over the face as you would a normal foundation. I would have to agree with MUFE. This was a little hard to blend out, it seemed to stay put when I applied it (even with primer). So, I would only use this as recommended. That being said, I did love the coverage and natural looking finish. It wasn't full coverage, but it was buildable. It did stay put longer than the foundation, and I did not have to reapply. I do have to say though, I think the price is pretty high for the amount of product you get.

This foundation stick is $43 at Sephora.


Products were sent to me for review by influenster. Thank you Make Up For Ever for the Ultra HD to try!


xx
Jacenda

7 comments:

ANDYSTYLE said...

Definitely pricey!!! Grew post

http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

DianaWoods said...

Hey Great review. Very informative. The bottle foundation might be worth the splurge. Thanks!

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@AndyStyle- Thank you! :) Exactly! The product in the stick is nice, but not for the price.

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Dianawoods- Thanks so much! The foundation in the bottle is the better buy of the 2. Happy weekend! Xx

Erin Beck said...

Very helpful breakdown! I too use the original. Thanks for this!

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@ErinBeck- Thank you! Glad it was helpful! :) xx

fatima sultan said...

super informative review hd foundation thanks for the review