October 24, 2016

BEAUTY | KAPLAN MD - PERFECT POUT LIP DUO




Description:
"A travel-friendly duo featuring must-have lip treatments that instantly exfoliates dry, chapped skin while visibly plumping the lip contour for lips that are softer, smoother, and fuller-looking. "

Solutions for:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dryness 

If you want to know more…
"As an antiaging expert, Dr. Kaplan understands that both men and women want fuller, more youthful lips without surgery. He created Perfect Pout as a natural alternative to visibly plump lips and smooth fine lines, while hydrating and protection against sun damage. LIP 20 Mask contains papaya enzymes, two forms of hyaluronic acid, and adipofill’in, a patented amino acid that naturally plumps the lip contour. It gently exfoliates away dry skin for lips that are instantly softer, smoother, and more defined. LIP 20 Balm is an ultra-hydrating formula that moisturizes, nourishes, and protects with SPF 20. Using a soothing blend of beeswax and sunflower seed wax, it gently glides onto the lips, while nourishing the skin with 22 organic extracts. It also contains a powerful lip plumping peptide, maxi-lip, along with hyaluronic filling spheres, to give lips added hydration and natural fullness. "

This set contains:
- 0.35 oz/ 10 g LIP 20 Mask 
- 0.17 oz/ 5 g LIP 20 Balm 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates 

What else you need to know:
Tips: "If you tend to get dry lips while you sleep, use this Lip Mask + Lip Balm Duo as a nighttime lip treatment. Simply spread a very light layer of LIP 20 Mask directly onto lips. Then, pat on a thin layer of LIP 20 Balm. Allow both products to stay on your lips while you sleep, and wake up to beautifully soft, hydrated lips. To treat the fine lines and wrinkles around the lips, and on the skin above the lips that cause lipstick to bleed, apply the LIP 20 Mask at least a half-inch beyond the lip line to treat the area. "






To use: Step one: you apply the mask all over your lips- let it set for 3-5 minutes and remove with a damp cloth. Step two: Apply the lip balm. 

My thoughts:
I love the simple and sleek packaging. I also love that it is travel friendly.

I don't normally use lip plumpers, my lips are naturally pretty good size. However, I always have dry lips, so I always have to exfoliate and use a lip balm. This lip duo exfoliates and makes your lips SO soft and smooth. I have been using the lip mask 2-3 times a week.  The mask feels really light on your lips, but you can really feel it working. It says it "smooths out fine lines" in your lips, and I did notice a pretty big difference with that (see below images). The lip plumping, for me, was just an added bonus. After the lip mask and lip balm, I did notice a difference in the size of my bottom lip and the very top of my upper lip . My lips feel smooth all day after I use this duo! 

I also just keep the lip balm in my purse for when I am out in the colder weather. I have also been transitioning into using makeup brands and skin care brands that are cruelty free, and these products do not test on animals. 




You can see the difference in my lips in the above pictures.  I am very satisfied with this duo. 
You can purchase this lip duo at Sephora for $24.


xx
Jacenda


5 comments:

Paulina said...

I want this one. Most lip plumper make my lips hurt and itch. I can see a change in you lips.

Jennifer Baez said...

Your lips are gorgeous! So the mask is the lip plumper and exfoliating agent? I would love just the mask! Great review! Xo

DianaWoods said...

I'm going to buy this soon. Love what it did to your beautiful lips. Thanks!

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Paulina- All products might not react the same on all skill n types, but for me it didn't hurt. I could feel it working, but there was no discomfort. If you decide to purchase I hope you enjoy it! :)

@JenniferBaez- Thank so much! :) You can purchase the mask on its own, but the duo together work great! Xx

@DianaWoods- I hope you love it!! Xx

Caroline linella said...

Great post! I will look for this next time I go to Sephora.