January 22, 2017

LIFESTYLE | HOW I KEEP MY WHITE CLOTHES AND LINENS WHITE


When my son was born I became a lot more chemically conscious. He had sensitive skin, so we used the Honest Company diapers and products with him from the start. Since he is now a toddler, and into kitchen cabinets and shelves- most of our household cleaning items have been traded in for cleaners that are a lot safer to have around the house. 





 I used to think using bleach was my answer to keeping whites white, but I noticed that over time the more I used bleach on my whites, they started to look dingy. I stopped using bleach, and have found an easy and safer way to keep my whites bright white.




1. The Honest Company had always impressed us, and always came through for us, so we decided to try their household items. Now, to remove stains I use the Honest Company stain remover and it works great for my sons spills and stains. It also works great for spills on the carpet or rugs.

2 .I also love using the honest company 4 in one laundry pods. I have never had a problem with them and they seem to help with brightening up my whites. Plus they were rated an A with the EWG!

3. The real "trick" to getting clothes whiter is using a half cup of real lemon juice to each wash. This works amazing! You will see a VERY noticeable difference. I also like washing my whites in warm (not hot) water.

4.  Adding a half cup of vinegar to each load also acts as a fabric softener.

5.  To remove under arm stains, I use equal parts hydrogen peroxide, dawn dish soap and baking soda. I rub that all in and let it set for about an hour and wash with a normal white load as usual.

6. It's also important to dry clothes on low heat.


Do you have any tips or tricks you use to get your white clothes brighter?

XX

6 comments:

Erin Beck said...

Great post! I have never used lemon in my laundry I need to try this next time. At first I didn't think the puppy was real. LOL :)

The Curvy Cook said...

Everything you post is beautiful! Thank you for the tips.

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Erin- Hahaha She is real! My dog had puppies. Thanks so much!

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@The Curvy Cook- Awww Thanks so much!! Xx

Meg said...

beautiful job!

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@Meg- Thank you! Xx