February 10, 2017

IN THE KITCHEN | VEGAN RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE BITES


Valentine's Day for my husband and I is just an excuse to eat yummy food, drink wine, snuggle up on the couch and watch movies. For this Valentine's day I made these supper delicious Vegan cheesecakes! A girlfriend told me how to make these and I thought I would pass along how to make them here on the blog. 

Not only are raw desserts super simple to make, but they keep you from having so much refined sugar and are healthier for you. 


For the crust I put 1 cup pitted dates, and 1 cup of walnuts in my food processor and blended them together.


People normally blend the walnuts up first- this allows them to be chopped up really fine, but I like my walnuts blended in with my dates so that the walnut pieces are a little bigger. 


You can use tiny cupcake paper liners, but I just lightly grease my pan and cut strips of parchment paper for tabs. They pop out really easy. Simply press your crust into the cups really well.


This calls for coconut milk, not milk you buy in a carton, but full fat canned milk. Just scoop the meat of the coconut off the top of the can.


In a food processor add:

  • 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water over night)
  • 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup real lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
Blend until everything is liquefied. No chunks, just a smooth mixture.


Poor your filling evenly into each cup.


I blended up some fresh raspberries and swirled the raspberry sauce around the top of the cheesecake filling with a toothpick. You can use any berry sauce you like though. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for about 4 hours.




These are so simple, naturally sweet, soft and super creamy. I hope you enjoy! Xx


6 comments:

The Curvy Cook said...

L.O.V.E this post! Stunning photography. These mini cakes look divine.

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@TheCurvyCook -Thank you so much! I love your website! Xx

DianaWoods said...

Oh my gosh these look so good!!!!!!

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@DianaWoods-They are so good! Xx

Erin Beck said...

YUM! YUM!

Jacenda LeeAnn said...

@ErinBeck- They are super yummy! :) xx